Mini-Suppositories—roughly the size of a small pebble—measure a total volume of a half-milliliter. The smaller size and gentle shape are different than conventional suppositories, thus making it easier to insert vaginally and comfortable for patients of all sizes.
What are the benefits?
- Allows up to 120 mg of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) per suppository
- Comes with a petite applicator which reduces the risk of self-injury
- Fits into the Petite Gentle Dose® applicator
- Each applicator holds up to 4 suppositories
- Providers have a wide range of dosing options for patients
- Less API is wasted through leakage
- Higher Patient Adherence
In functional medicine, this size is can be useful for the following drugs:
- Biest (80/20)
- Any combination of the above