Skip to content
What are they?
- Troches are a small medicated lozenge designed to dissolve
- Use trans-mucosal route of administration to deliver the medication into the bloodstream
- This bypasses first pass metabolism by the liver
What are the benefits?
- Smaller and thinner allows for faster melting
- Less active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) lost in the saliva
- Scored so they can be cut and ideal for titration
- Increased patient comfort
- Higher patient compliance
How are troches compounded?
- Any dose your doctor prescribers
- Unsweetened options
- Variety of flavors: strawberry, cherry, grape, watermelon, etc…
Commonly prescribed drugs:
- BiEst( (E3/E2)
- Low-Dose Naltrexone (LDN)